Now accepting applications for Metal Fabrication Preparation Training Program!
The Black Business Initiative is currently offering 8-weeks of Metal Fabrication Preparation training. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to move into more advanced metal fabrication training at one of the local partner companies with a good prospect of gaining full-time employment in the industry.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be identified or self-identify as having an African heritage;
- Be at minimum 18 years of age;
- Be unemployed, underemployed or non-EI eligible;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Reside or agree to re-locate within commuting distance of the training facility;
- Not have a history of unrestrained violence and aggression, uncontrolled psychological disorder, severe anti-social tendencies or severe learning disabilities;
- Demonstrate an interest and commitment to completing the training process
- Have completed Grade 11 or GED/High School diploma preferred (Anything less will be subject to evaluation at assessment time);
To apply, please email (email@example.com) or fax (902 426-8699) your most recent resume to the BBI office. This 8-week training program will be held in Halifax and is expected to begin on Monday, September 15, 2014. For more information, please contact Program Coordinator, Joel Marsman at 902 452-0936.
Application deadline: Thursday, September 11, 2014