BBI COVID-19 Response
To the BBI Community,
The current global Pandemic COVID-19 has drastically affected the way organizations conduct business. Companies across the globe are looking at new ways of operating to reduce service disruptions as much as possible. At BBI we are also considering how we leverage technology to implement social distancing strategies and other best practices to ensure the well-being of our clients and community.
We continue to monitor the rapidly developing situation as we want to provide support to our clients throughout this challenging time. Effective March 18th, our team is working remotely; appointments and meetings have been moved online or via phone call in line with social distancing practices. Services and support for clients will continue as all team members are focused on the immediate needs of our clients. All services can still be accessed remotely, please reach out to Matthew Martel, Chief Operations Officer, directly if you have questions or are in immediate need of BBI services. We are constantly assessing the situation and adapting our practices as new information is delivered.
Immediate Changes to Service Delivery:
To help our community stay healthy and safe, we have made the following changes to our programming: The BBI Winter Training programs will be moved online until further notice. And at the direction of the Premier’s Office, the BIJ Youth March break camps have been canceled. Please visit our Facebook page (@BlackBusinessNS) and check your email for any updates from the BBI team.
COVID-19 Weekly Update
BBI’s Entrepreneurship Team will be sending a weekly summary of important information and key announcements to help business-owners navigate this challenging time.
As this unprecedented situation continues to develop, we encourage all partners to follow the listed news sources for direction.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- A single portal that provides information to support individuals and businesses.
- Provincial Government
- Federal Government
General Resources For Small Business-owners Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Additional Resources and Support
- Rent Deferral: Although it is not mandatory, the government is encouraging landlords to defer rent from their tenants. To download the Rent Deferral Agreement Program form, click here.
- Flexibility for Businesses Filing Taxes
- Payment of any 2019 business tax amounts owing have been deferred until after August 31, 2020.
- No interest or penalties will accumulate during this time.
- Tax relief is automatically given to business-owners.
- For more information, click here.
Thank you for your understanding at this time, let’s continue with the well-being of others in mind. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information.
Chief Operating Officer