Black Business Community Investment Fund Limited
Buy Local - Invest Local: This Year's Share Offering is now Closed.
We anticipate that shares will be available for sale again on December 1, 2013
The Black Business Community Investment Fund Limited (The Fund) was born to provide capital to Black-owned businesses possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, determined to grow and create jobs for Nova Scotians and able to demonstrate community and environmental responsibility.
The Fund having proudly and confidently invested over $1.5 million in local business, throughout its nine-year tenure, has consistently capitalized companies with high performance potential and long- term sustainability.
The Fund is currently open for new share purchases until February 28, 2013.*
Below are some of the benifits of being a shareholder.
There are many advantages to becoming an investor in The Fund including:
- Tax credit of 35% (total of 65% over a 15-year holding period**) up to an annual maximum of $17,500 on a $50,000 investment.
- Additional long-term returns based on the performance of the investments made by the Fund
- Your investment is RRSP eligible.
- Shares can be purchased with existing RRSP cash without any tax implications
- Your investment goes directly into the economic prosperity of Nova Scotia
- Your investment stays in Nova Scotia
Purchase shares in The Fund to earn tax credits today and guarantee your and our province's prosperity tomorrow.
Contact the Fund Manager Njabulo Nkala today to invest.
- Letter from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Information brochure
- Testimonials from investors
- Testimonials from businesses
To date, the Fund has made the following investments in local companies:
- 13 different investments in 7 Black-owned businesses
- 4 equity investments
- 9 subordinate debt investments with an average annual ROI of 10%
- Total of $1.5 million invested
- 1.5% Dividend paid out in 2011
- Businesses across industry sectors
Annual General Meeting
The Fund holds annual shareholders meetings. The ninth Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held in June 2013 at a date yet to be announced.
Application Process for Businesses
The Fund is currently soliciting applications from businesses that require equity or subordinated debt investment.
Please contact Njabulo Nkala, the Fund Manager to invest in the Black Business Community Investment Fund Limited.
1660 Hollis Street, Suite 1201
Halifax, NS B3J 1V7
(902) 426-4281 (Phone)
1 888 664-9333 (Toll free)
(902) 426-8699 (Fax)
* This CEDIF offering is made through an offering document, which can be obtained from an authorized sales agent or finder. Contact Njabulo Nkala at (902) 426-4281 to obtain a copy. This offering constitues an exempt offering of these securities only in Nova Scotia by authorized sales agents. Investors should read the offering document before making an investment decision.
** if the CEDIF meets certain conditions.