Attention Nova Scotia and PEI customers
10-digit local dialing is coming August 23, 2014.
Start preparing your business now! The Bell Aliant network is configured for 10-digit local dialing (Area code followed by the 7-digit phone number) so you can start to program your telecommunications equipment and features now, including:
- Telephone systems
- Speed dial lists
- Phone functions such as call forwarding
- Fax machines
- Modems and Dial Internet connections
- Devices for the hearing impaired
- Cell phones and other wireless devices
- Security or alarms systems
Add the area code to your phone number appearing on bank cheques, stationery, insurance policies, etc. Be sure to include your area code when giving out your phone number.
For more information on how to prepare your business for 10-digit dialing go to www.dial10.ca.